Saturday, October 15, 2011

Revelations after losing 50 pounds.

Losing over 50 lbs since between mid March and mid October gives a person some perspective.  I think I would have never had a weight issue if not for wheat.

I've cut back on added sugars, sweeteners, and all sorts of novel food groups losing weight.  I feel tons better and feel a bit like Jonah or one of the other prophets must have felt, burdened by some truth or experience that's nearly impossible to convey to another human.

Just try it, I want to scream.... what could it hurt....

Just quit wheat.

Most people aren't as "far gone" as I was, peaking 310 or 315 in March, and even larger in the couple of years before that.  All of those extra pounds, years of digestive issues, and various other issues....

Just elimination of all wheat products, I think, from around age 10 would have corrected my asthma, weight issues, and probably saved my gallbladder.  This is the conclusion I'm left with, as wheat elimination seems to be the largest part of my weight loss and improved health.

And since I'm bitter about the subject, I'll just add that it's whacky that the government guidelines or what to eat are set by the Department of Agriculture.

http://www.foodpyramid.com/mypyramid/

Seriously.

"In 2005 the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) released a food pyramid called MyPyramid, which was designed to educate people about the 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans"

Grains
MyPyramid recommends that at least 50% of the grains should be whole grain.
Eat at least 3 ounces of whole grain breads, crackers, cereals, crackers, rice or pasta everyday.
Why do we need "at least 3 ounces"?  Oh, well.

It's kind of interesting that there is a nice collection of diets "represented" on the website, and there's some Paleo representation on this site:

http://www.foodpyramid.com/diets/stone-age-diet/



No comments:

Post a Comment