Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Food Pyramid

MyPyramid.Gov

What a lovely site.  No really.  I found a nice, customized graph to tell me how to eat a healthy 2,800 calorie per day diet which should be appropriate for a man of my activity level, age, and weight.

http://www.mypyramid.gov/downloads/results/results_2800_18.pdf

Eat plenty of grains, especially high fiber grains that are whole, and drink low fat milk.

Given that, worldwide, I think it's safe to say that over half of us are intolerant to either grains or lactose, how can both of these food groups be on the list of recommended foods?

The good news?  I can have 7 whole ounces of meats and beans each day.  But lean meat... wouldn't want any fats.

Okay I can't take this anymore, so here is a picture of bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment