Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Curry and Sprints

A new recipe!

Chicken Broccoli Curry:

  • 2 cans coconut milk
  • 2 chicken breasts, cut in chunks.
  • 1 onion
  • Some broccoli.
  • Whatever curry or spices you have on hand.
  • Basil is nice too!
Cook the chicken, the add in everything but the broccoli and simmer it until the onions soften up.  

Then cook soften the broccoli.



Cauliflower rice:

Steam a head of cauliflower (cut it into chunks first).  Then I used a hand-powered food processor to get it to a rice-like consistency.

Also, I had some blackberries and pineapples.  As a side note, I noticed that blackberries are much better when they start to get mushy and you think they're going bad.  They seem to get less tart and more awesome... who knew?


As a side note, if you are having trouble getting your calories in (I had been feeling a bit lethargic and cranky today despite eating 2 sweet potatoes), coconut milk is a magic substance.  1 can has 5 servings of 140 calories, with 120 of those calories being fat calories.  That's like 600 fat calories!  This stuff is awesome, tastes great, is creamy and goes great with spicy peppers of all kinds!

This meal really perked me up and gave me the energy to do my weekly sprints.  Pretty happy with it.  Next time I think I'll add in a hefty dose of turmeric and lime.  I kept it super simple tonight with a premixed curry seasoning, but even half the jar didn't bring out the rich yellow color I would expect from a Thai restaurant.  I'll post updates on this dish the next time I try it.



No comments:

Post a Comment