Tuesday, January 31, 2012

More Shoes, More Hash


It was my turn to try cooking the sweet potato hash yesterday.  Tomie usually cooks this particular dish.  It turned out great.

The real key points that I could have done a bit better on are as follows.



You only need a bit of chicken stock since you are going to cover your pan.

This isn't chili, you don't want to cook it forever.

First, cook an onion and a few cloves of garlic.

I added 2.5 lbs of beef.  Once again, you just want to brown the beef here.

Finally, add the sweet potatoes cut into half moons, full moons, chunks, or whatever.  You want to soften them, but not turn them into baby food.

I also got these sweet shoes in from a nice discount site that has some minimalist stuff like Vibrams and Vivobearfoot at a discount.

These are Vivobearfoot Ultras.  The soles pop in and out, as well as the tongue attachment on top.

I ended up wearing them "sole-less" today like Crocs.





No comments:

Post a Comment