Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tomie's Mini Meatzas

I had a lovely suprise waiting for me when I got home today, oh yes.

It's January 31st.  The last day, last meal of my Junkfree January and I was expecting leftover sweet potato hash for the third meal in a row.

Not so!

Tomie made me MINI MEATZAS!


Recipe follows:


Mini Meatzas:

  • 6 small portabella mushroom caps, stems removed, washed and patted dry
  • 1 lb sweet sausage (or make your own by adding some apple chunks)
  • Some Spices (dash garlic powder, 1tsp mint, 1/2 tsp parsley, dash red pepper)
  • 1 Egg
Preheat oven to 350.
 
Mix sausage, spices and egg together.  Flip mushrooms upside down like little bowls and fill with the sausage mixture.

Bake.  Enjoy.  Feel free to experiment with other favorite pizza toppings like tomatoes and cheese.  This particular recipe is great on it's own merit, though

No comments:

Post a Comment