Sunday, January 29, 2012

Slingblade Taters

My wife said these are the best things I've cooked since she has been pregnant.

I cut up a potato while cooking 3 slices of uncured bacon, then fired the potato in bacon grease, and then popped the skillet in the oven at 300 degrees.

This stuff ain't rocket surgery.

I added salt and pepper because I'm frisky like that.

"But potatoes aren't paleo."

Well dudes, here's my take on it.  Take your starchy plant organs and fruits like plantains, potatoes, sweet potatoes and turnips and put them on a rotation.  It'll be fine.  Just eat real food.

My mom asked me if rice was on my diet the other day.  "Not really".  Well, what do you do when you get sushi?  I eat rice with sushi.

Yeah, I said it.  Providing you're like me, and you might get a good whack of raw fish every month (on a good month), you don't need to stress yourself about some white rice.  But I'm not going to waste my monthly rice allowance on a California Roll either.

Bee tee dub, check out the cool new snapshot button I added.  I LIKE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment