Sunday, January 15, 2012

Straight-to-Leftovers Deer Chili


Finally, a chili without beer that I am ready to put my name on!

My work desk.  Tupperware.  Overtime.  Thank god for spicy food.  This month has been all about turning down free Jason's Deli, Jimmy John's and Austin's Pizza in favor homemade Near Years Resolution approved food.

My producers think I'm crazy.



Recipe follows:
- 1 onion
- 2 Pounds Deer
- 2 Squash (cut lengthwise, then the other way)
- Few stalks of celery (chopped).
- 2 cans whole tomatoes.
- Chili seasoning
- Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Rooster Sauce

Saute the onion until soft then add in the ground deer meat.  Brown the meat and hit it with all of the dry spices.
Add in squash, celery, tomatoes, and rooster sauce.  Simmer for a couple of hours.  Taste often and aim just under your own preference for spice.  (It always seems to build with time)

1 comment: